- Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic Decision Tree – The CDC’s guidelines for reopening schools.
- A Plan to Safely Reopen America’s Schools and Communities – The American Federation of Teachers
- A Blueprint for Back to School – The American Enterprise Institute
- Reopening Guidelines – Interim guidance from the CDC on reopening safely.
- CARES Act 2020 – Vanderbloemen provides an overview of the parameters and terms for funds from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet for Borrowers
- PPP Loan Forgiveness: Further Guidance on the Math from Benjamin Ford and Gregory Fryer from JD Supra
- 3 Steps (and a Calculator) to Help Determine Forgiveness for Your PPP Loan from Joshua E. French and Shannon S. Zollo at Nutter
- An Open Letter to Independent School Leaders – Kennesaw State University Coles College of Business Education Economics Center’s advice on:
– Keeping your students and staff safe from the virus during the 2020-21 academic year.
– Maintaining fiscal solvency, including keeping enrollments at desired levels.
– Demonstrating to your families that you will provide educational value to their children under the likely scenario that they will spend a significant amount of time learning from home during the 2020-21 academic year.
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Faith-Based Organization FAQ – Frequently asked questions regarding participation of faith-based organizations in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL).
- FERPA and Virtual Learning Related Resources – Resources from the Department of Education regarding protecting student privacy.
- CAPE’s response to the COVID Bill – The Council for American Private Education breaks down what the legislation means for private schools.
- Legislative Update: An Overview of Federal Response to COVID-19 – Whitney Silverman, Staff Attorney at the National Association of Independent Schools, breaks down the Families First and CARES Act.
(For upcoming webinars visit the events page.)
- Assessing Distance Learning: A Virtual 101 – Teaching and learning connect through assessment. Whether virtual or in person, basic principles apply. Getting and receiving good feedback on distance learning is possible, doable, and potentially meaningful to teachers and students. Presented by Jon Eckert.
- What is Working in Elementary Distance Learning – Jon Eckert from the Baylor Center for Christian Education, discusses what is working for distance learning for elementary students.
- Legal & HR Issues, Legislation Update and Coronavirus: How Ministries Can Thrive – Eric Kniffin, attorney at Lewis Roca Rothberger Christie, discusses recent developments pertaining to the CARES Act.
- Enrollment & Marketing Tips in Times of Crises – Planning isn’t always possible. But responding in thoughtful and proactive ways can lead to opportunity. Ideas and actions for effective plans in the current environment to maximize enrollment and retention after the quarantine will be shared by Paul Neal and David Urban of Charter Oak Research.
- Fundraising and the COVID-19 Pandemic: How Christian Schools and Non-profits Can Thrive – Brad Layland, CEO of the Focus Group, responds to several questions regarding how leaders of Christian schools should proceed at this point.
- How Ministries Can Adapt and Thrive in the Age of Coronavirus – Eric Kniffin, attorney at Lewis Roca Rothberger Christie, discusses HR, legal issues, and forthcoming federal legislation. The accompanying slide deck can be found here.
- Disruption, Disorientation, Disequilibrium… Now What? – Lynn Swaner, Dan Beerens, and Erik Ellefsen invite us to look for opportunities to learn and grow from the situation.
- Disruptions (Part One) – Tim Van Soelen reflects on how Christian School Leaders can respond to the crisis.
- The Emergency Pivot to Online Teaching and Learning – Dave Mulder provides a few guidelines for dealing with the current situation.
- Reopeningschool.com – Guidance and resources from institutional leaders in considering the path forward after COVID-19.
- Details of CARES Act: The Financial Bridge that Churches, Schools & Nonprofits Need
- Payroll Protection Program’s Loan Amount Worksheet
- National Association of Independent Schools