Surviving to Thriving: Urban Education LiveStream
Urban Classical Christian schools are experiencing seismic changes due to Covid-19. Classrooms are digital, families are quarantined, faculty juggle personal and school responsibilities, and school budgets are uncertain. When school
Urban Classical Christian schools are experiencing seismic changes due to Covid-19. Classrooms are digital, families are quarantined, faculty juggle personal and school responsibilities, and school budgets are uncertain. When school resumes in the fall, will your school be ready? Join us June 25-26 for live talks from John Lennox, Susan Wise Bauer, and others — but also join for the Urban Education Channel — an all-digital event with expert speakers live, real-time advice and interaction in online breakout rooms, and dynamic environments custom-built for YOUR school.
THE URBAN CHANNEL INCLUDES PANELS & WORKSHOPS:
- Russ Gregg | Classical Christian Education for All — Starting New Schools for Children of the City
- Dr. Angel Adams Parham | Drawing from the Black Intellectual Tradition in Our Classical Curricula
- Dr. Anika Prather | Living in the Constellation of the Canon: Bringing Classic Literature to Life for Today’s African American Students
- What CCE should Learn from Teach for America (A Panel with Jeremy Mann, Ricky Johnson, Daniel Hill – The Field School in Chicago)
- Debbie Harris | Does Aristotle Belong in the City?
- School Culture in a Virtual Urban World | A Panel with Nathan Ziegler, Rena Hall, Kelvin Simms, and Debbie Harris of Hope Academy in Minneapolis.
- City School Responses to COVID-19 & Lessons Learned | A Panel with David Hardy (Boys Latin Charter of Philadelphia), Andrew Hart (The Oaks Academy),Russ Gregg (Hope Academy), and Anika Prather (The Living Waters School)
- Also, we will host Rapid Fire Roundtables, as well as a couple of “Patios” where leaders can dialogue and fellowship together virtually!
Registrants will have access to the entire SCL conference as well!
june 25 (Thursday) - 26 (Friday)