With our apologies to the English teachers and English departments around the world for the title of this announcement, CACE is excited to reveal the next group of schools who will constitute Score Group II. The phrase “we got next”, at least to our knowledge, originated in the world of pick-up basketball. Groups of players forming a team to play the winners on the court. We see some similarities between this culture and that of the Score Group. Score groups bring together similar, non-competing school leaders from a cross-section of the country to work together – exchanging better practices, experiences, ideas, and strategies. Being part of an interactive Score Group is like having other school leaders working for you, some critical friends on the court who are passionate about seeing your school succeed.
“You running with them?”
This is the question posed to the player who a team is trying to pick up for the next game. CACE is thrilled to be running with the following group of schools for the next two years:
- Academy of Excellence – a K-12 school in Milwaukee, WI. Randy Melchert serves as the Head of School. The mission of the Academy of Excellence is to prepare students to be academically and spiritually equipped to lead and enrich their families, communities, and the world.
- St. Cloud Christian School – a K-12 school in St. Cloud, MN. Nadine Ebert serves as the Board Chair. St. Cloud Christian School exists in partnership with Christian families and churches to assist each student to grow in excellence spiritually, academically, socially, and physically.
- River of Life School – a 1st – 6th grade school in Benton Harbor, MI. Jessica Concannon serves as the Head of School. River of life exists to provide a Christ centered education to all children regardless of their socio-economic situation.
- Pui Tak Christian School – a PK-8th grade school in Chicago, IL. Bonnie Ho serves as the Principal. Pui Tak Christian School equips young learners academically and spiritually to be future leaders for God’s Kingdom.
- Edgerton Christian & Southwest Christian – two schools in Edgerton, MN. Randy Pfiefle is the Head of School. Our mission is to grow and learn together, firmly rooted in Christ, so we can glorify God and bear the fruit of service to others. (Edgerton Christian) Challenging students to grow in knowing, loving, and serving God and others. (Southwest Christian)
- Ontario Christian Schools – a PK-12 school system in Ontario, CA. Dr. Ken Bootsma serves as the Head of School. To provide and promote a Biblically-based, quality education that nurtures the children of Christian parents to grow in God-centered discipleship, equipped with vision, understanding, discernment, and service in order to renew all relationships and culture to be under the authority of Jesus Christ.
- Northeastern Wisconsin Lutheran High School – a 9-12 school in Green Bay, WI. Chris Nelson serves as the Executive Director. We are an intuitive, technologically advanced school known as a regional leader in academics. Our students are fully prepared to be leaders for Jesus Christ, regardless of chosen academic pursuits and future career objectives. Through our Biblically-based curriculum and spirit-given gift development opportunities, each student has a unique opportunity for exceptional growth in all chosen aspects of our program.
- San Joaquin Valley Christian Schools – Providence Christian (PK-8th grade) and Stone Ridge Christian School (9-12) in Merced, CA. Randy Postmus serves as the Head of School. Together with parents and the church, San Joaquin Valley Christian School Association exists to educate students in developing their unique God-given potential.
CACE is excited to partner with “who got next” and look forward to “running with them” in their pursuit of excellent, Christ-centered education!
Dr. Tim Van Soelen serves as the Director of CACE. Tim is also a professor of education at Dordt University. He has served as a principal, assistant principal, and middle school math and computer teacher at schools in South Dakota and California. Tim has his undergraduate degree from Dordt and advanced degrees from Azusa Pacific University and the University of South Dakota.